Saturday, September 14, 2013

Daring to do it: Gnocchi

Just a really quick post for this month's Daring Cook's Challenge.  This reveal day happens to fall on Yom Kippur - a fast day in Jewish culture.  So a long food post is not exactly going to help me!

Todd, who is The Daring Kitchen’s AWESOME webmaster and an amazing cook, is our September Daring Cooks’ host! Todd challenged us to make light and fluffy potato Gnocchi and encouraged us to flavor the lil pillows of goodness and go wild with a sauce to top them with!

I love potatoes, I love gnocchi, I really thought I would do a lot of variations of this challenge.  I made gnocchi once this month.  Oops.  But I really liked it, and I want to make it again...!

"Ricing" the baked potatoes:
Mixing up the dough:
Shaping the gnocchi:
Trying to get the shape and lines on there:
Cooked, served with sauteed spinach and onion and lots of cheese:

Thank you,Todd, for a yummy challenge!
Here's what the other Daring Cooks created!

4 comments:

  1. They look great. Glad you and most of the family liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Ruth and congrats on completing the challenge this month too!
    Your Gnocchi looks delish and wish could try some now too!
    Cheers! Joanne
    @mickeydownunder

    Viewed as Part of The Daring Kitchen Cooks Challenge Sept 2013

    ReplyDelete